Bioinformatics is information science applied to biology. The creation and maintenance of databases of biological information and the provision of an interface to access, search, and query the databases.
Edited by: Laurel J. Gershwin and Amelia R. Woolums
This concise book captures the essence of current and future shifts in vaccine development research that will likely transform our understanding of methods to stimulate specific and protective immune responses to infectious diseases.
BioinformaticsBioinformatics: The main task of bioinformatics is the creation and maintenance of databases of biological information. Nucleic acid sequences and protein sequences databases comprise the majority of such databases. This involves the storage and organization of millions of nucleotides and provision of an interface whereby researchers can both access, search, and query existing information and submit new entries. Perhaps the most important task in bioinformatics involves the analysis of sequence information. Computational Biology is the name that normally refers to this process.
- Bioinformatics Books A comprehensive list of books on bioinformatics, computational biology and functional genomics
- Current Issues in Molecular Biology
- European Bioinformatics Institute
The EBI is a centre for research and services in bioinformatics. The Institute manages bioinformatics databases of biological data including nucleic acid, protein sequences and macromolecular structures. The mission of the European Bioinformatics Institute is to ensure that the growing body of bioinformatics information from molecular biology and genome research is placed in the public domain and is accessible freely to the scientific community.
- The Bioinformatics Organization
A bioinformatics organization to facilitate world-wide communications and collaborations between bioinformatic scientists and technicians. The Bioinformatics Organization provides these individuals, as well as the public at large, free and open access to bioinformatics methods and materials for and from scientific research, bioinformatics software development, and education.
- Epigenetics: Current Research and Emerging Trends
- Next-generation Sequencing: Current Technologies and Applications
- Genome Analysis: Current Procedures and Applications
See also: Current molecular-biology books
- Lyme Disease and Relapsing Fever Spirochetes
- Veterinary Vaccines
- Climate Change and Microbial Ecology
- Legionellosis Diagnosis and Control in the Genomic Era
- Bacterial Viruses
- Microbial Biofilms
- Chlamydia Biology
- Bats and Viruses
- SUMOylation and Ubiquitination
- Avian Virology
- Microbial Exopolysaccharides
- Polymerase Chain Reaction
- Pathogenic Streptococci
- Insect Molecular Virology
- Methylotrophs and Methylotroph Communities
- Microbial Ecology
- Porcine Viruses
- Lactobacillus Genomics and Metabolic Engineering
- Viruses of Microorganisms
- Protozoan Parasitism
- Genes, Genetics and Transgenics for Virus Resistance in Plants
- Plant-Microbe Interactions in the Rhizosphere
- DNA Tumour Viruses
- Pathogenic Escherichia coli
- Postgraduate Handbook