Genomics of GC-Rich Gram-Positive Bacteria | BookPublisher: Caister Academic Press
Edited by: Antoine Danchin
HKU-Pasteur Research Centre, Hong Kong
Pages: viii + 178
Publication date: September 2002
Price: GB £199 or US $319Buy book
Eminent scientists have contributed comprehensive reviews on all aspects of the genomics of Rhodococcus, Mycobacteria, Streptomyces and other organisms. The authors provide an insight into the many facets of large-scale functional investigation in a variety of bacteria with the explicit goal to find common rules in the dynamic and structural organisation of these organisms. This volume is the definitive guide to current research in this increasingly important area.
"This book focuses on the impact that complete genome sequence information has and will have on our knowledge of these bacteria ... this book is a welcome addition." from Microbiology Today (2003) 30: 192-196.
"This volume brings together ... work done in the area of the genomics of Rhodococcus, Mycobacterium tuberculosis, M. leprae, and Streptomyces.... timely reviews on many facets of the genetics of the above-mentioned organisms." from International Journal of Medical Microbiology (2003) 293 (1).
"The Functional Genomics Series describes the state-of-the-art of technical means to efficiently analyse sequence information - provided by the nascent disciplines of bioinformatics and computational biology - and the need to fit the genomic pieces into the puzzle of biological function, resulting in an understanding of the functioning of complex systems of genes and macromolecules." from International Microbiology (2003) 6: 75-78.
"Reading this volume is very rewarding for microbiologists" from International Microbiology (2003) 6: 75-78.
(EAN: 9780954246433 Subjects: [bacteriology] [microbiology] [genomics] [medical microbiology] [molecular microbiology] [bioinformatics] [molecular biology] )
- Microbial Biofilms
- Chlamydia Biology
- Bats and Viruses
- SUMOylation and Ubiquitination
- Avian Virology
- Microbial Exopolysaccharides
- Polymerase Chain Reaction
- Pathogenic Streptococci
- Insect Molecular Virology
- Methylotrophs and Methylotroph Communities
- Microbial Ecology
- Porcine Viruses
- Lactobacillus Genomics and Metabolic Engineering
- Viruses of Microorganisms
- Protozoan Parasitism
- Genes, Genetics and Transgenics for Virus Resistance in Plants
- Plant-Microbe Interactions in the Rhizosphere
- DNA Tumour Viruses
- Pathogenic Escherichia coli
- Postgraduate Handbook
- Molecular Biology of Kinetoplastid Parasites
- Bacterial Evasion of the Host Immune System
- Illustrated Dictionary of Parasitology in the Post-Genomic Era
- Next-generation Sequencing and Bioinformatics for Plant Science
- Brewing Microbiology