Genomics of GC-Rich Gram-Positive Bacteria | BookPublisher: Caister Academic Press
Edited by: Antoine Danchin
HKU-Pasteur Research Centre, Hong Kong
Pages: viii + 178
Publication date: September 2002Buy book
Price: GB £199 or US $319
Eminent scientists have contributed comprehensive reviews on all aspects of the genomics of Rhodococcus, Mycobacteria, Streptomyces and other organisms. The authors provide an insight into the many facets of large-scale functional investigation in a variety of bacteria with the explicit goal to find common rules in the dynamic and structural organisation of these organisms. This volume is the definitive guide to current research in this increasingly important area.
"This book focuses on the impact that complete genome sequence information has and will have on our knowledge of these bacteria ... this book is a welcome addition." from Microbiology Today (2003) 30: 192-196.
"This volume brings together ... work done in the area of the genomics of Rhodococcus, Mycobacterium tuberculosis, M. leprae, and Streptomyces.... timely reviews on many facets of the genetics of the above-mentioned organisms." from International Journal of Medical Microbiology (2003) 293 (1).
"The Functional Genomics Series describes the state-of-the-art of technical means to efficiently analyse sequence information - provided by the nascent disciplines of bioinformatics and computational biology - and the need to fit the genomic pieces into the puzzle of biological function, resulting in an understanding of the functioning of complex systems of genes and macromolecules." from International Microbiology (2003) 6: 75-78.
"Reading this volume is very rewarding for microbiologists" from International Microbiology (2003) 6: 75-78.
(EAN: 9780954246433 Subjects: [bacteriology] [microbiology] [genomics] [medical microbiology] [molecular microbiology] [bioinformatics] [molecular biology] )
- Lactobacillus Genomics and Metabolic Engineering
- Viruses of Microorganisms
- Protozoan Parasitism
- Genes, Genetics and Transgenics for Virus Resistance in Plants
- DNA Tumour Viruses
- Pathogenic Escherichia coli
- Postgraduate Handbook
- Molecular Biology of Kinetoplastid Parasites
- Bacterial Evasion of the Host Immune System
- Illustrated Dictionary of Parasitology in the Post-Genomic Era
- Next-generation Sequencing and Bioinformatics for Plant Science
- The CRISPR/Cas System
- Brewing Microbiology
- Brain-eating Amoebae
- Foot-and-Mouth Disease Virus
- Microbial Biodegradation
- MALDI-TOF Mass Spectrometry in Microbiology
- Aspergillus and Penicillium in the Post-genomic Era
- The Bacteriocins
- Omics in Plant Disease Resistance
- Climate Change and Microbial Ecology