Information for Editors
Please read the Instructions for Authors at caister.com/author. Ask all authors to read the Instructions for Authors.
Chapters are printed as supplied
When you send the manuscript files to the publisher they enter our fast-track system. Please note that no further changes or corrections are possible; no proofs are provided.
The preface is optional. This is a brief introduction to the volume, written by the editor, between half a page and several pages in length, describing the subject, scope and aims and may finish with acknowledgements. The name and affiliation of the editor(s) should be placed at the end of the preface. Note: A brief introduction written by a different person is called a Foreword and is optional. If present, the Foreword precedes the Preface.
We adhere to a fixed deadline. Authors should submit manuscripts by the date requested (earlier would be very much appreciated).
Authors must complete and return our Copyright Transfer Form; we need a signed copyright form for each manuscript. Copyright law prevents us from publishing copyrighted material and authors are advised NOT to submit any material that has been published previously. Please see Author FAQs for more information.
The cover is designed by our prepress department. It needs to be technically accurate in terms of margins, spine, bleed, crop marks, etc. The cover may be based on figures from the volume. The "placeholder" cover on the website will be replaced with the final cover.
Sending the manuscripts
Please send us everything together in one package. Wait until you have the final version of all the manuscripts in the format described at caister.com/author. When you send the manuscript files to the publisher they enter our fast-track system. No further changes or corrections are possible; no proofs are provided.
- Number the manuscripts in the order they will appear in the volume.
- Supply a file containing the email addresses of the corresponding author of each manuscript.
- Please supply the preface.
- Include the signed Copyright Transfer Forms for each manuscript.
- Email. Please ZIP the files first and use a free service such as dropsend.com to send us the large ZIP file.
- FTP. When you have all the files ready please ask us for the FTP address, username and password. You can ZIP the files if you wish.
If your authors have not already sent a signed Copyright Transfer Form now is a good time to remind them ... we have to have one for each manuscript. Download the form at: https://www.caister.com/hsp/pdf/stored/copy.pdf
- Bacterial Viruses
- Microbial Biofilms
- Chlamydia Biology
- Bats and Viruses
- SUMOylation and Ubiquitination
- Avian Virology
- Microbial Exopolysaccharides
- Polymerase Chain Reaction
- Pathogenic Streptococci
- Insect Molecular Virology
- Methylotrophs and Methylotroph Communities
- Microbial Ecology
- Porcine Viruses
- Lactobacillus Genomics and Metabolic Engineering
- Viruses of Microorganisms
- Protozoan Parasitism
- Genes, Genetics and Transgenics for Virus Resistance in Plants
- Plant-Microbe Interactions in the Rhizosphere
- DNA Tumour Viruses
- Pathogenic Escherichia coli
- Postgraduate Handbook
- Molecular Biology of Kinetoplastid Parasites
- Bacterial Evasion of the Host Immune System
- Illustrated Dictionary of Parasitology in the Post-Genomic Era
- Next-generation Sequencing and Bioinformatics for Plant Science