Instructions for Authors (CIMB)
Instructions for Authors: Journal ArticleAuthors of journal articles (except articles for Focus Issues) should follow the instructions below:
First, please read all the information on this page. Then submit using our online Submission Form. You should include the name, affiliation and email address of four acknowledged experts that have agreed to act as reviewers of your paper.
Publication FeesSubmitted articles are subject to BOTH of the following fees:
A Submission Fee of USD 25 and an Article Processing Charge (APC) of USD 1350.
The APC must be paid on acceptance of an article and is payable by the authors, their institute or their funding body.
Getting your Article Accepted in CIMBCIMB rejects over 50% of submitted papers. The main reasons for rejection are:
1. The article is not written in an acceptable level of English
2. The article is not a review article or mini-review
3. The article is not within the scope of the journal
4. The scientific content is not at a level acceptable for an international scientific journal
5. Citations and references are not in the correct format
By paying attention to these points you increase the chance of your paper being accepted.
File FormatManuscripts should be supplied as a Word file (doc or docx). Figures, tables, etc should be supplied as pdf, tiff or jpeg.
Sections and HeadingsHeadings should be at the left margin, lower case and in bold type. Sub-headings should be at the left margin, lower case and in italics. Sub-sub-headings should be at the left margin, lower case and in plain text (no bold or italics). Articles should be sub-divided into the following sections:
* Abstract (each paper must include an abstract of approximately 100-200 words)
* The main text of the review (sub-sections are permissible)
* Acknowledgements (optional)
References and Citations
CopyrightOpen access articles are published under the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. Under this license, authors retain ownership of the copyright for their article but articles are freely available throughout the world to read, download, copy, distribute and use, without charge as long as the original authors and source are credited.
Terms and ConditionsBy submitting an article to CIMB you warrant and confirm that all material including figures and tables is your own original work and has not been published previously in any form or language except for material that was published under Creative Commons licence or for which you hold the written permission of the copyright owner; that the article is not under consideration by any other publication and copyright has not been assigned; that the article does not infringe any existing copyright, contains nothing that is unlawful, libellous, or which would, if published, constitute a breach of contract or of confidence or of commitment given to secrecy and contains nothing that is a violation or infringement of any civil right of any party.
- Plant-Microbe Interactions in the Rhizosphere
- Porcine Viruses
- Lactobacillus Genomics and Metabolic Engineering
- Viruses of Microorganisms
- Protozoan Parasitism
- Genes, Genetics and Transgenics for Virus Resistance in Plants
- DNA Tumour Viruses
- Pathogenic Escherichia coli
- Postgraduate Handbook
- Molecular Biology of Kinetoplastid Parasites
- Bacterial Evasion of the Host Immune System
- Illustrated Dictionary of Parasitology in the Post-Genomic Era
- Next-generation Sequencing and Bioinformatics for Plant Science
- The CRISPR/Cas System
- Brewing Microbiology
- Brain-eating Amoebae
- Foot-and-Mouth Disease Virus
- Microbial Biodegradation
- MALDI-TOF Mass Spectrometry in Microbiology
- Aspergillus and Penicillium in the Post-genomic Era